Monday, August 11, 2008

i love all the 27 years that are you




i should be cleaning my house right now... instead i am eating a dark chocolate candy bar (nice i know) and thinking about jon. you know how you hear a song and it reminds you of certain things? jimmy eat world reminds me of my life with jonny. laughter and sarcasm also remind me of jon. he had a birthday yesterday. we've been through a lot together.... more than you think is possible when you first get married at age 12 (ok 18) but i am glad i got to grow up and am still growing up with him.
i was reading past entries in my journal the other night and found this one from last november sometime. i think it sums it up nicely!
"today we got home from church and put asher down for a nap, put a cartoon on for kaiden and crawled in bed for a nap. i snuggled up and put my head on jon's chest in my favorite place... i love my jon smell. i have to nuzzle my nose into his neck right under his jaw line to smell it. i love his patchy whiskers, i think it's hot, and his boyish features. i love how he can look at me with his lids almost shut. i love when he opens them wide and pierces me with the crazy blue you don't think exists. i love how he falls asleep in about three seconds flat. i have never written like this about him. sometimes i am so focused on his flaws that i forget the amazing spirit that he is. i forget how comforting his touch is. i forget how completely and totally smitten i am by this crooked grinned man who i love. i love him so much. i love jon so much. i love jon SO much. i love him."

i hope you had a good day jonny! thanks for watching the olympics and that amazing win by the americans last night with me and screaming and yelling and getting so excited with me about it.
thanks for not ever caring that 99% of the time you get home from work i am wearing your t-shirts. thanks for not thinking i am weird cause i dig around the dirty clothes searching for one that smells like you and wearing it waiting for 11:30 in the freaking night to come along so you finally get home.
thanks for being you! the good and bad hahahaha :)
ps... put on some ear muffs... wait... now speak.
oh and ps... show me... uh jackie it's dark.
hahahaha you are totally my bff you big goon. i like staying up till 2am talking with you. i think you're so stinkin cute!!! i remember walking down fish hall the long way when i was a freshman and you were a senior so i could see you. oh my gosh it's jon brewer the senior. talia do you remember that? haha. bekah do you remember the day he was flying in from the mish and we were working at waldo's and i was an ER??? haha. jonny you make really cute babies so i'll keep you around k!

13 comments:

Talia said...

Ok First of all when I was reading your journal entry I thought I was reading a published romantic novel!! Good work, I guess you should finish the book WE started writing in HS!! :)
And I totally remember having to map out knew courses to our classrooms so we could see {HIM} on our way. and it wasn't like it was the PRACTICAL route it was more like 1st hour we had english in one hall and 2nd hour we had a class in the SAME hall but we had to walk around the whole school and DOWN fish hall so that we could see him and then go back to the same hall we had just come from!!! (but it wasn't out of our way at all!! LOL HAHA)And when we would walk by him you would stare at him until right before we would pass him and then you would start talking to me like we were having a grand ol' conversation and didn't even notice who was where!! We thought we were so sneaky!!! :) Oh good times dude good times!!! Do you remember the time we were walking out of the office early in the morning before school started and you were carrying a hot chocolate mug and you BIFFED IT real hard and you said, "I hope no one saw that" and I said "Like Jon Brewer sitting in his car right there" and you whipped up and about freaked out because you thought he was there, but I was just teasing you and you were so relieved that he wasn't there!!!! We laughed about that for weeks!!! Oh I can still remember the look on your face when I said his name!!! HAHA
I remember right before he got home your letters to each other started getting a little bit more mushy and outwardly you would not admitt that something could happen but I KNEW you and inside you were about peeing your pants of JOY!!! Who would have thunk your FISH HALL infatuation would turn into SOMETHING BIGGER!!!
Love you girl!! thanks for the FAB memories!!!

Talia said...

oh and happy Birthday Jon!! Thanks for given us a reason to walk down fish hall!!

Brittney said...

lol! happy bday, he is sure a young lookin 27!! you were so young, i remember working with you at waldos and you were engaged, i thought she is so young!! but you guys do make some darn cute babies!

brett and carly said...

What a handsome picture that first one is... no wonder you love that guy. :)

Jamie Christensen said...

Loved reading that.

DeWitts said...

Cute post Jackie! Jon is a crack up! Happy birthday jon!

Bekah: said...

oh i have so so so many jacks and jon memories! i love that i {always} knew you were meant for each other. everytime jacks would talk about other boys i would patiently remind her that i knew she would marry jon. you all would have too if you had seen how they could not let go of each other at his mission luncheon. they were saying goodbye, one last hug and it was as if the heavens parted and angels yelled {they are totally soul mates} cheesy yet true!

you are perfect for each other! love you guys! happy birthday jon!

J said...

I LOVE all your latest posts! I love hearing about your fam and how you are doing. Lucky Jon, he has a wonderful wife. Happy B-day!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

WOW YOU CAN WRITE THE NEXT TWILIGHT!! HOW ROMANTIC

Unknown said...

Hey its just me the craft girl. It was so much fun gettting to know you. I just wish that you lived in Snowflake if you ever do let me know and we can be friends. Hey i was thinking of having a party...if your ever in town. keep in touch and tell all your friends where you got the stuff that i made!!!jk
megan

Nikki said...

Jackie! I know he's my cousin and so this could get totally creepy--but that was the most romantic, tear-jerker I've ever read. Seriously--that was a really touching blog. So in a strictly family loving way--I LOVE YOU AND JON! (and your babies.) :)

Anonymous said...

fyi;
i deleted my blog {on accident}
regretfully introducing...

katejill.blogspot.com

:(

Matt, Katie, Jayden, Jolie & Harlie said...

So I need some help. Now that I don't have anything to read I need some suggestions. You're the expert so what's something good to read?