maybe being pregnant with my third sweet little baby isn't helping this situation for me today... i actually started crying talking about it with my in-laws (yikes hormones)
i am talking about the change in presidency for our country. for the past year as i have seen the entire crazy election process happen i have started getting more and more worried. i am worried about socialistic ideas that this new president threatens to bring. i have worried about his policies on pretty much everything. today i was sick thinking about the 3,660 babies aborted today alone. i am saddened by idocricy of the media, worrying more about michelle obama's style and what stupid dog the new first family was getting over other more important facts directly effecting and relating to my family. i get frustrated by the hang up everyone has on him being african-american over his views. honestly, KUDOS for an african-american being president. that really is remarkable. i personally can't really care about that when the future of signing bills into laws falls into such liberal hands. my worry has nothing to do with color of skin. for me the real test of americans being over their prejudices is when that won't be the reason someone wins an election or not. people will care about POLICY over that.
dude i have got to hit my brother hunter for making me start thinking and researching and being so political!! hahaha
honestly though as i flipped through every channel covering this day, i thought it ironic how the media threw a royal fit when it cost 40 million for pres bush's latest inaguration but don't mention a word about the 150 million PLUS it is costing today. i think about all the troops who are pretty worried about the new president. i get worked up thinking about the hate attatched to bush. of course he wasn't perfect. but do you know how hated abraham lincoln was? worse than this.
HOWEVER, i also thought a lot about something President Packer said when he spoke at my stake conference in mesa recently (right before the election... i know the Apostles are so inspired). he said change was coming, but if we stay close to the gospel and cling to our standars then we would be ok.
so i will pray for this new president, and support him, and hope he will be inspired in his decisions. i will look for hope and change in a good way. but mostly i will rely on the words of our Prophet and Apostles and i do know that everything will be ok. and when babies are being carried almost full term and still allowed to be murdered, i will be really grateful for my three dudes and how amazing motherhood is and how blessed i am having a knowledge i do of the gospel.
i really am grateful for this country.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
quite the day
Posted by jackie at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
well said Jackie, I am in the same boat as you... I am worried sick about this, and I HOPE that everything will be fine, I worry about the troops and our freedom more than anything. And yes for him to support and agree on obortion, what a scum bag, seriously. I want to be a good american and support our president, but I am so scared.
Ditto... I mean DIDO (hahaha). I absolutely agree... I'm so scared, but we'll just have to see what happens.
AMEN.....get over color and focus on the big mess. Also...I think if the media would stop being the stock patrol then the market would do better. It has highs and lows all the time. Yes the country is bad but let's look for something good. Thankgoodness we have a greater knowledge. And how gratefull I am that my husband has a good job and is still busy!
AMEN! i couldn't of said it better. thanks for sharing your feelings. all we can do is pray and hope that things will be okay for our families.
we really need to get together our boys would love playing and when i say boys i mean josh and jon. also coop would love to play with your boys. call me.
I can relate to your thoughts and feelings about change especially when it's at one of the highest most powerful seats in the world. I for one after seeing Obama win the election back in nov. was impressed with the look on his face. It seemed to be of gratitude, humility and overwhelmed. I at that point decided to be excited about the change we need whether it's good or bad we will be moving forward and as long as I stay close to our heavenly father I will feel peace, I didn't say not worried but I will feel peace through the turmoil but remember the apostles said change not bad change or good change but change of which I am looking forward to.
Jackie for President! I agree, well said Jacks!
hey gal,
email me your address please
sheltonjc@gmail.com
Post a Comment